Our publishing system allows you to select what apps you want a particular episode published to. You can even go back and remove episodes already published to an app. Below is a step-by step guide on how to do both.
By default the episode will go to all your live apps, but if there are certain episodes you would like to publish to only one of your apps or to your app and not your regular feed that can be done too. This is also how you would publish individual app exclusive episodes to your app, an easy way to help add value for your audience. Many of our most successful apps release bonus content only to their apps regularly.
How to publish episodes to your apps during publishing
- Click the PUBLISH button at the top of your login screen.
- Make sure you are in the advanced mode publishing; it is in the top left-hand corner of the New Post box.
- Go ahead and load your file and any extras as requested on the Media page.
- Load your description and any other info you need to on the Description tab.
- When you get to the Destinations tab notice that you have several options to choose from as to where you want that content published. Only the ones checked will receive that content.
- In the example below we are publishing an episode just to the Podcast Box and Android app so everything else is not checked.
- Once you are done there just continue through your regular publishing process and click the green PUBLISH button like you normally would. This will send those episodes only to the apps or destinations checked.
How to remove or add already published episodes
- Click on the episode list button next to your show icon in libsyn
- Locate the episode you would like to remove or add and click the edit link underneath the title
- Follow steps 2-6 above.
- TO REMOVE: If you don't want a given episode in the app simply un-check the checkbox for that app and click PUBLISH
- TO ADD: If you would like to add a given episode to the app simply check the checkbox for that app and click PUBLISH
- Don't worry any previously checked boxes will not get the episode delivered to them twice.
- If for example you previously had the episode published to your feed and not to your app, going back and checking the app box and keeping the feed box checked will not re-republish that episode to your feed.
Have More Questions?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, we are happy to help!